A lomo de cuento por Argentina: El Coquena
A lomo de cuento is a unique series of books that encourages readers to explore the geography and culture of fascinating countries as they enjoy learning about their oral traditions.
Each title includes:
• A folk poem or song and a folktale, myth, or legend from the target country,
• A literary nonfiction section covering various aspects setting of the story,
• A how-to text—a recipe of an easy-to-make, kid-friendly, traditional dish,
• An appealing illustrated map that serves as a springboard for further
• A glossary of regional and unfamiliar terms.
This volume about Argentina opens with the folktale “El Coquena” and the informational section covers different aspects of the Jujuy and Salta regions, Argentina’s geography, fauna, sports, music, and more. It also includes an easy-to-make recipe, folk poems, and an illustrated map.