A lomo de cuento por Cuba: El güije de la charca
A lomo de cuento is a unique series of books that encourages readers to explore the geography and culture of fascinating countries as they enjoy learning about oral traditions.
Each title includes:
• A folk poem or song and a folktale, myth, or legend from the target country,
• A literary nonfiction section covering various aspects setting of the story,
• A how-to text—a recipe of an easy-to-make, kid-friendly, traditional dish,
• An appealing illustrated map that serves as a springboard for further,
• A glossary of regional and unfamiliar terms.
This volume about Cuba opens with the folktale “El güije de la charca”, and the informational section covers different aspects of Cuba’s geography and fauna, the country’s rich African heritage and historical buildings, and more. It also includes an easy-to-make recipe, Cuban adages, and an illustrated map.