A lomo de cuento por Perú: El abuelo de la quena
A lomo de cuento is a unique series of books that encourages readers to explore the geography and culture of fascinating countries as they enjoy learning about the oral traditions.
Each title includes:
• A folk poem or song and a folktale, myth, or legend from the target country,
• A literary nonfiction section covering various aspects of the story setting,
• A how-to text—a recipe of an easy-to-make, kid-friendly, traditional dish,
• An appealing illustrated map that serves as a springboard for further
• A glossary of regional and unfamiliar terms.
This volume about Peru opens with the folktale “El abuelo de la quena”, and the informational section covers different aspects of the Sierra region, Peru’s geography and fauna, Machu Picchu, and the Incas, and more. It also includes an easy-to-make recipe, Quechua riddles, and an illustrated map.