A lomo de cuento por Puerto Rico: El huerto de los viejitos
A lomo de cuento is a unique series of books that encourages readers to explore the geography and culture of fascinating countries as they enjoy learning about oral traditions.
Each title includes:
• A folk poem or song and a folktale, myth, or legend from the target country,
• A literary nonfiction section covering various aspects of the story’s setting,
• A how-to text—a recipe of an easy-to-make, kid-friendly, traditional dish,
• An appealing illustrated map that serves as a springboard for further
• A glossary of regional and challenging terms.
This volume about Puerto Rico opens with the folktale “El huerto de los viejitos”, and the informational section covers different aspects of Puerto Rico’s geography, agriculture, fauna, sports, and more. It also includes an easy-to-make recipe, folk riddles, and an illustrated map.